About Death Row
Death Row is one of the advanced classes at Unit 27, which can be scaled. The class caters for a maximum of 20 members who work as a team.
The class is described in detail with demonstrations of all movements by the Unit 27 coach and assistant coach after ensuring a nominal role call has been completed. Following this, the assistant coach then proceeds to take the class for stretching and a light warm up routine before handing over to the coach for a team building style outdoor warm up for 20 minutes. The idea behind this is that the class need to work as a team in order to get the session completed without interruptions/punishments.
Class Time Frame:
- 60 Minutes
- Work time – 40-45 minutes (20 min warm up outside)
Maximum Number Of People:
- 20 people
- Advanced (although can have scalable options)
- The class is formed up of 20 stations
- Each person rotates through each station once
- Station 1 is always the prowler/sled (normally empty)
- This prowler determines the time that the other class members spend on their stations
- The coach decided how long each person spends on the prowler based on their
- The other stations vary each session
- The session is not started until a team building style warm up is completed undertaken
by the coach
- This is done after the initially stretch and warm up from the assistant coach
Watch A Death Row Session
Death Row Extra Information
There are a few rules of the class that need to be adhered to and these are laid out in the initial brief to all class members.
- Do not be late to the next working station (5 sec transition between stations)
- Do not pick up the wrong weight (Male/Female weight)
- Ensure the movement is being performed correctly
- No resting whilst on the working station
- Ensure the prowler touches the wooden beam at the end of each length
Failure to comply with any of these rules (by anyone) result in the whole class conducting some sort of punishment (as a team) set out by the coach at the time of the rule break. Class stops and they proceed with the punishment.
- Run to CF
- Bear crawl
- Snchro press ups
- Wall sit/squat stress position
The objective is to get the whole class through all 20 stations without getting any punishments.
Death Row Gallery
Death Row Weekly Session Times
Sign Up For Death Row
Don’t miss out, class space is limited to 20 per session, book early or contact us about package deals and plans!